Twelve facts which we do not know about water
1. More than 4 million people died due to water related diseases.
2. 98% of water realted diseases occured in developing countries.
3. It takes about 300 litres of water to make the paper for just one Sunday newspaper. So use paper as less as you can, use E-mail and electronic sources more.
4.On average, women in Africa and Asia have to walk 3.7 miles to collect water. It can be more in rural villages of India.
5.In India alone, water born diseases cost the economy 73 million working days per year.
6. Global sales of bottled water account for over $60-$80 billion each year.
7. A child dies of water born diseases about every 15 Seconds.
8. Less than 1% of the earth's water is suitable for drinking.
9. More than a billion people around the globe survive on just over 4 litres of water per day.
10. Potentially more than 3 billion people may suffer from water shortages by the year 2025.
11. 66% of the human body is water.
12. A person can only live without water for approximately one week.